Stratospheric Ozone measurements
- Measurements of vertical ozone profiles over Antarctic by ozonesondes at Zhongshan station, 1991-1993.
- Analysis of ozonesonde data obtained at Syowa station in Antarctic, 1993-1999.
- Measurements of ozone column and profile by ground-based FTIR spectrometers and retrievals of the FTIR spectra in Japan and Kiruna, 1995-2001.
Participating in Aircraft missions:
- Analysis of aircraft data obtained during PEM-West A and B experiments, 1994-1995.
- SONEX (Subsonic assessment Ozone and NOx Experiment) in 1997.
- BIBLE-A (Biomass Burning and Lightning Experiment, Phase A) in 1998.
- BIBLE-B (Biomass Burning and Lightning Experiment, Phase B) in 1999.
- SOLVE (SAGE III Ozone Loss and Validation Experiment) in 1999.
- Trace-P (Transport and Chemical Evolution over the Pacific) in 2001.
- ARCTAS (Arctic Research of the Composition of the Troposphere from Aircraft and Satellites) in 2008-2009.
- DISCOVER - AQ/California: Size-Resolved Aerosol Composition and Optics Sampling and Analysis, 2012-2013.
Infrared solar spectroscopy:
- Long-term measurements of stratospheric and tropospheric species using ground-based FTIR spectrometers in Japan since 1995.
- NDSC (Network of the Detection for Stratospheric Changes) Infrared work group (IRWG) from 1995 to 2001.
- Validation of satellites MAPS and MOPITT measurements in 1996 and 2001.
- Cooperation research in FTIR data analysis in Department of Physics, University of Denver, in October 1997.
- Cooperation research in FTIR data analysis at National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Inc, New Zealand in April 1999.
- Setting-up the Toronto Atmospheric Observatory (TAO) at the University of Toronto, 1999-2001.
- Measurements of N2O emissions from Silage 2012-2016.
- Cooperation research in FTIR data analysis at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research, Germany in July 2015.
Atmospheric Aerosols and their health effects:
- USEPA Supersite programs in Pittsburgh, PA, 2001-2002.
- USEPA Supersite programs in Baltimore, MD, 2001-2002.
- Evaluation of VACES aerosol concentrator in 2001, 2003 and 2006.
- Observations of nucleation events in UC Davis Bodega-bay Marine Laboratory (BML) 2004-2005
- Development of improved VACES aerosol concentrator, 2006-2007
- San Joaquin Valley Aerosol Health Effects Research Center (SAHERC), 2005-2010.
- Toxicity of Source-Oriented Ambient Aerosol, 2007-2010.
- Set-up of air sampling system at the Caldecott Tunnel, 2015-2016.
Rotary Drum Impactor (RDI) Sampler & XRF
- Intercontinental Transport of Particulate Matter from Asia to the United States 2002-2006.
- Quality Assurance Analysis of Filters for the Lake Tahoe Air shed Deposition Study, 2004-2005.
- Air Pollution Impacts from Airport Activity, 2008-2010.
- 7-SEAS Study, 2009-2010.
- Aerosol Measurements and Source Identification in Support of the Southern California Sulfur Study Companion to CalNex 2010-2014.
- RDI-MOUDI-IMPROVE Inter-comparison, 2012-2014.
- Nevada Rural Ozone Initiative – Aerosol Sampling and Air Mass Source Identification, 2013-2017.
Air quality studies in China
- PRIDE-PRD 2006 summer campaign in Pearls River Delta area, 2006.
- CARBEIJING-2006 summer campaign in Beijing, 2006.
- Long-term measurements of elemental carbon (EC) and organic carbon (OC) in Beijing together with carbon monoxide (CO) and carbon dioxide (CO2) 2005-2010.
- Measurements of black carbon in Beijing using COSMOS, 2010-2015.
Agricultural Air quality studies
- Estimating and Reducing Air Emissions from Dairy Feeding Operations, 2006-2009.
- National Air Emissions Monitoring Study (NAEMS). 2007-2010.
- Respiratory Exposures and Health of Workers on California Dairies, 2006-2011.
- Reducing Dairy Silage Emissions for Improved Air Quality and Productivity, 2012-2015.
- Good Clinical Study (GCP): Effect of Feeding LY488756 on Environmental Emissions when fed to Finishing Beef Cattle for 91 Days, 2012-2017
- Design and build the Mobile Agricultural Air Quality Laboratory, 2011-2013.