Current Research Projects:
- IMPROVE (Interagency Monitoring of Protected Visual Environments) Program.
- Measurements of trace elements in the air using Rotating Drum Impactor (RDI) and X-ray fluorescence (XRF) at the Advanced Light Source (ALS) in Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL).
- Black Carbon mass concentrations in polar region (Barrow, Alaska in USA, Alert, Nunavut in Canada, and Baranoba in Russia).
- Agricultural Air Quality Monitoring using Mobile Agricultural Air Quality (MAAQ) Lab.
Previous Research Projects:
Agricultural Air quality studies
- Good Clinical Study (GCP): Effect of Feeding LY488756 on Environmental Emissions when fed to Finishing Beef Cattle for 91 Days, 2012-2017.
- Building the Mobile Agricultural Air Quality (MAAQ) Laboratory, 2011-2013.
- Reducing Dairy Silage Emissions for Improved Air Quality and Productivity, 2012-2015.
- National Air Emissions Monitoring Study (NAEMS). 2007-2010.
- Estimating and Reducing Air Emissions from Dairy Feeding Operations, 2006-2009.
- Respiratory Exposures and Health of Workers on California Dairies, 2006-2011.
Rotary Drum Impactor (RDI) Sampler & XRF
- Nevada Rural Ozone Initiative – Aerosol Sampling and Air Mass Source Identification, 2013-2017.
- RDI-MOUDI-IMPROVE Inter-comparison, 2012-2014.
- Aerosol Measurements and Source Identification in Support of the Southern California Sulfur Study Companion to CalNex 2010-2014.
- Air Pollution Impacts from Airport Activity, 2008-2011
- Role of Air Quality Management to Control Lake Clarity Conditions at Lake Tahoe—Evaluation of Dust and air-borne sediment control demonstration projects, 2007-2010.
- Intercontinental Transport of Particulate Matter from Asia to the United States 2002-2006.
- Quality Assurance Analysis of Filters for the Lake Tahoe Air shed Deposition Study, 2004-2005.
- 7-SEAS Study, 2009-2010.
- Air Pollution Impacts from Airport Activity, 2008-2010.
.Atmospheric Aerosols and their health effects:
- USEPA Supersite programs in Pittsburgh, PA, 2001-2002.
- USEPA Supersite programs in Baltimore, MD, 2001-2002.
- Evaluation of VACES aerosol concentrator in 2001, 2003 and 2006.
- Observations of nucleation events in UC Davis Bodega-bay Marine Laboratory (BML) 2004-2005
- Development of improved VACES aerosol concentrator, 2006-2007
- San Joaquin Valley Aerosol Health Effects Research Center (SAHERC), 2005-2010.
- Toxicity of Source-Oriented Ambient Aerosol, 2007-2010.
Air quality studies in China
- PRIDE-PRD 2006 summer campaign in Pearls River Delta area, 2006.
- CARBEIJING-2006 summer campaign in Beijing, 2006.
- Long-term measurements of elemental carbon (EC) and organic carbon (OC) in Beijing together with carbon monoxide (CO) and carbon dioxide (CO2) 2005-2010.
Participating in Aircraft missions:
- Analyzing aircraft data obtained during PEM-West A and B experiments.
- SONEX (Subsonic assessment Ozone and NOx Experiment) in 1997.
- BIBLE-A (Biomass Burning and Lightning Experiment, Phase A) in 1998.
- BIBLE-B (Biomass Burning and Lightning Experiment, Phase B) in 1999.
- SOLVE (SAGE III Ozone Loss and Validation Experiment) in 1999.
- Trace-P (Transport and Chemical Evolution over the Pacific) in 2001.
- ARCTAS (Arctic Research of the Composition of the Troposphere from Aircraft and Satellites) in 2008-2009.
- DISCOVER - AQ/California: Size-Resolved Aerosol Composition and Optics Sampling and Analysis , 2012-2013.
Infrared solar spectroscopy:
- Long-term measurements of stratospheric and tropospheric species using ground-based FTIR spectrometers in Japan since 1995.
- Participating in NDSC (Network of the Detection for Stratospheric Changes) Infrared work group (IRWG) from 1995 to 2001.
- Participating in the validation of satellites MAPS and MOPITT measurements in 1996 and 2001.
- Cooperation research in FTIR data analysis in Department of Physics, University of Denver, in October 1997.
- Cooperation research in FTIR data analysis at National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Inc, New Zealand in April 1999.
- Setting-up the Toronto Atmospheric Observatory (TAO) at the University of Toronto, 1999-2001.
- Measurements of Nitrous oxideemissions from Silage 2012-2016.
- Cooperation research in FTIR data analysis at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research, Germany in July 2015.