The AQRC Quartz Carbon Lab is equipped with the best analyzers which the lab group uses for Thermal/Optical Carbon Analysis of CSN Samples. Our lab group, pictured below, uses this Thermal-Optical method to determine the organic carbon, elemental carbon, carbonate carbon, and total carbon in particulate matter collected on quartz-fiber filters.
Our Lab Group
Left to Right: Xiaolu Zhang, Jamie Lagman, Priscilla Prasad, Maria G. Navarro, Nancy Murillo
The Quartz Carbon lab is equipped with five Sunset Laboratory OCEC Aerosol Analyzers for quantification of organic and elemental carbon collected on quartz filter samples. With this equipment, the AQRC Lab Group is capable of the following:
Analysis Protocols (User Configurable)
- IMPROVE A
- Reflectance (TOR, standard with IMPROVE A protocol)
- Transmittance (TOT, standard with NIOSH protocol)
Basic analytical results:
- OC: Organic Carbon in µgC/cm2 plus uncertainty
- EC: Elemental Carbon in µgC/cm2 plus uncertainty
- CC: Carbonate Carbon in µgC/cm2 plus uncertainty
- TC: Total Carbon in µgC/cm2 plus uncertainty
- OP: Pyrolized carbon by TOR or TOT method, in µgC/cm2 plus uncertainty
- OC and EC sub-fraction peaks (OC1-OC4, EC1-EC6) in µgC/cm2 plus uncertainty
- Optical EC in µgC/cm2 based on optical absorbance
Our OCEC Aerosol Analyzers
This is the only instrument on market that is fully compliant with the IMPROVE protocol and equipped with a new and improved microcontroller and data acquisition system for enhanced accuracy and precision.
See more information on the company's website.