- Air Quality Research Center
- Urban and Regional Smog - Measurements of air pollution in mega-cities. Instrumentation for particle measurements.
- Agricultural Emissions - Emissions from animals and waste.
- Global Climate Change - Green houses gases. Stratospheric ozone changes. New particle formation.
I am interested in all experimental air quality research including measurements of gases and particles in the atmosphere, developments of new monitoring instruments and control systems, and analyzes of experimental data. Based on the observational results, understanding the progress of formation, emission, and transport of various pollutants and their effects on climate, environment, and human health are also my research interests. I love both science and engineering and do my research as a scientific engineer or an engineering scientist.
- 2017, The Marquis Who's Who Publications Board, Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2009, NASA, Group Achievement Award, Arctic Research of the Composition of the Troposphere from Aircraft and Satellites (ARCTAS) mission Science Team
- 2005, Institute of Physics Publishing, Outstanding Measurement Science Paper Award in Measurement Science and Technologies
- 1998, NASA, Group Achievement Award, DC-8 Aircraft SONEX Team